Honda Nighthawk

Honda Nighthawk

Friday, October 15, 2010

Nigh-Thawk Day 14.5

I did finally end up getting out of work a little early. 4:30 instead of 6. The sun was gone, blocked by overcast. It wasn't about to stop me any though. I rode straight home to grab some warmer clothes and called my dad to see if he wanted to go for a ride. He wanted to wait for rush hour to be over so I headed out solo.
I had no direction, just kind of went however I wanted to go. I ended up on a highway type road and wanted to see what I could get out of the old girl. I know my speedometer isn't accurate but it was reading 80 mph when I let off and she had room to go. Not bad for an old 450 that just got life breathed back into it. I only went up a few exits, not wanting to push it too much my first time out. I decided it was time to get lost. I just turned to the most unfamiliar direction and went. I was out in a fairly rural area, lots of browning fields and colorful trees. The more I got lost the twistier the roads got. Since no one else was around I started testing the limits of my bike. Leaning more and more and powering through. I started working my way full circle because it was getting close to the time I had to meet my dad. Not really knowing how to get back, just feeling how to get back.
The traffic by my dad's house was still horrendous and I got there a little after our agreed upon time. This was the first he saw of the Nigh-Thawk since he helped me pick it up when I bought it. We went over some of the details and decided to head out. We stayed in pretty urban areas and went through some nice roads, but it was getting colder and my wrist was hurting from my clutch being so stiff. We were out for an hour or two and got some dinner. Nice little ride. Its always fun to ride with Pop. I headed home and parked her up. Its a whole new day tomorrow and I can't wait....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have fun. So happy for you, baby!

    ReplyDelete