Honda Nighthawk

Honda Nighthawk

Friday, October 15, 2010

Nigh-Thawk Day 13

So this past Wednesday I finally got my paper work in order and got my insurance and tags!!! Wednesday night I finally got to pull her out into the street. I had to go to the tag place after work so I left my bike outside of the shop and got a ride back up when I got my tags. It was already dark out when my girl and I got up there and it was the first time I really got to see it in the real darkness. She wasn't running very strong, but I got her home. My girl promptly hopped on the back and we did a little riding around town. It cut out on us at one point and we pulled off to the side. The right carb was pouring gas. I assumed the float had stuck and a good punch the the side freed it up and stopped the leaking. I decided it would need another looking over so I took it home and back to work the next day. It turned out that one of the jets had actually fallen out. I replaced that and my boss suggested we raise the needles. After slapping them back in I suited up and took it for another spin. It was night and day! She was running really strong then! It rained for the rest of the day so I parked her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm famous. That's me- "my girl." Totally famous right now.

    ReplyDelete