Honda Nighthawk

Honda Nighthawk

Friday, October 15, 2010

Nigh-Thawk Day 14

Today my bike became 100% legal. I trimmed back the steering stops today because I had a very bad turning radius, painted the headlight mount that I made a few weeks ago and never really painted and put on a new chain. With all that done my boss was willing to inspect it. After I got it badged up it was looking like a slow day so my boss said I could leave early.
As I was cleaning up (in one hell of a hurry) a customer came in for an oil change and my boss asked me to do it. No problem. One little oil change? Naturally it was the hardest oil change ever and the exhaust had to be removed.
Just as I finished the oil change I heard the woman from the storefront say someone called about a 5,000 mile service and my hopes of getting out while it was still sunny were squashed. Before the customer showed up I took my lunch and I nice casual ride.
I rolled out of the shop and through the small town. I never really spent much time there seeing how I live about a half hour from the shop. I cruised through some back streets crossing over the main drag that I had actually seen plenty of times before. I found a nice wide road and decided that would be mine. It had a few small curves in the beginning but ended up being fairly straight, which I enjoyed because I wasn't really used to the bike just yet and a cruise was all I needed to clear my head.
The road had lots of ups and downs and was covered by tree branches for a good bit of it. It was a very cool day, but the sun was out. I gave it a good 10 miles or so and turned around in a convenience store. On the way back I stopped in a small deli that looked closed except for the cars in the lot. I knew it had to be good and it was. I grabbed a sandwich and headed back to the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment